– Karen Wong, Co-founder and CEO –
What personal information do we collect from people that use our Services?
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or submitting any PII. However, we and/or our service providers (such as Google Analytics) collect IP (Internet protocol) addresses from all website visitors and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our website. When you use any of our Services, we may also collect device type, operating system, unique device identifier, and date and time stamp. This information is used to help us understand the activity on, and to monitor and improve our Services.
While using our Services, when appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, company info or other details to help you with your experience and for you to better understand the products and services that we offer.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you during any of the following scenarios:
- visit our website
- register on our website
- directly inquire about our Services
- directly use our Services
- place an order with us
- subscribe to our blog updates
- respond to a company survey
- view or interact with our social media posts
- visit our office
- enter our tradeshow booth
- contact our company representatives by phone, email, SMS or chat
- fill out a company form
- enter any information on our website
As we provide Services to other businesses, we may also have access to PII collected by third-parties while processing our Services. We strive to only accept PII collected by third-parties that follow privacy best practices to ensure that third-party PII collection or processing is lawful in their legal jurisdiction.
How do we use your information?
We may collect, use, store, process or disclose your PII information we have based on Consent, Contractual Requirements, Legal Obligations or Legitimate Interests in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To show specific social media postings.
- To send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- To promote or offer products, services or content we may offer from time to time.
- To provide you with educational materials and guides relevant to the Services you use.
- To contact you for the purposes of Service updates and system and account notifications.
- To efficiently provide you with telephone, email and chat support in connection with the Services.
- To comply with any laws, regulation, court orders, warrants, inquiries, subpoenas or other legal processes or investigations, and to protect ourselves, other individuals, or property from harm.
Remember that when you connect Services with a third-party service, their terms and policies apply.
How do we protect your information?
Our Services are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your interaction with us as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained in reputable third-party service providers (please refer to the addendum for the full list) or behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology or destroyed immediately after use. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the Services you are interested in on our website.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements and execute retargeting.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It may affect the user’s experience as some of our website functions or services will not function properly.
We, along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Services.
Third-party disclosure – we will never sell your PII to other companies
We do not sell or trade to outside parties your PII unless we provide users with advance notice. We also work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, marketing, support and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process personal data or client data as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information through privacy best practices. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Submitting the Personal Information of others
When you submit the Personal Information of your customers or employees to us, you are responsible for informing such customers and employees about TAKU Canada Ltd., and for obtaining any necessary consent or authority from them.
You may also choose to refer someone to our Services. In this instance, we will send them a single invitation email to the address you provide. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals or businesses with whom you have a relationship and who would want to receive the message.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the US consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
Should a data breach be discovered, we will notify the users affected via email and via in-site notification within 1 business day.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
TAKU Canada Ltd.
180 John Street, Suite 616
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5T 1X5
Last Edited: July 26, 2022