A job made by you.
A job at TAKU Canada Ltd. is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. Here at TAKU Canada, we are always looking for talented professionals interested in working in the retail tech industry.
Scroll down for more information regarding our current openings or Apply Here.
Thank you for your interest in TAKU!
What We Offer
100% designed and built in Canada, TAKU Retail is the fastest API-first enterprise commerce platform on the market.
TAKU was born because our founders couldn’t find scalable SaaS solutions for their own businesses.
Retail runs through our veins. With 48+ years of hands-on retail, wholesale and manufacturing experience, our founders know exactly what is required to help merchants thrive in today’s competitive environment.
And we are growing!
Our team is made up of a group of passionate, hardworking, and creative individuals who are embracing the changing nature of the retail industry.
With our innovative retail management technology (made for the way shoppers shop today), we help merchants sell more with less effort.
And we’re looking for talented individuals like you to join our team!
Developing the next generation of IT and business leaders
Unlimited learning and development opportunities.
Complete employee benefits package for you and your family.
A remote-first workplace that works for you and supports your personal growth.
Diverse workplace culture
Work with people from all walks of life and expand your horizons.
Senior Front End Developer, Typescript
Are you looking to make your mark? We are looking for someone who can come in and lead front-end development in our engineering team. Someone with front-end experience who will lead by developing clean code while supporting the rest of the team
- Remote-first work environment;
- Company-provided computer equipment;
- Supplement Health Benefits with 100% premium covered;
- Monthly digital happy hour with the team
- Angular v12
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience;
- Strong hands-on experience and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, and web application development;
- 5+ year web and enterprise development experience;
- Expert in Angular 10+ or comparable frameworks;
- Experience with responsive adaptive web design;
- Proven record of shipping features on time;
- Organized and self-sufficient;
- Desire to be challenged with new technologies
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with the team to develop and deliver the user interface of our new SaaS application;
- Participate in code reviews on other developers’ work to ensure code quality and code standards;
- Research and propose new technologies, code libraries and products we may wish to integrate with;
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results
- Experience with Git or other version control software;
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology;
- A passion for clean and friendly UX;
- Proven ability to solve problems;
- Working independently within an Agile team environment with superior communication skills;
- Experience working with MVCP, MVC, MVP or similar design patterns;
- Understanding of Point-of-Sale (POS), ERP, eCommerce or Accounting concerpts;
- Experience working in a startup
How to Apply
We offer our employees a flexible startup experience and learning culture for all team members in the emerging retail tech space. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are passionate about building world-class business solutions to make their mark, create something new and work with a team of incredible colleagues based across Canada. We encourage you to be yourself, share your ideas and always try something new and exciting!
We ask all candidates to prepare and present a portfolio of their work as part of the interview process. This will include all information that is public domain. We want to see the projects you are most proud of and will encourage you to talk about what your involvement was, what challenges you faced and the steps you took to overcome them.
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you! Apply Here